Your teeth love tenderness, so choose a great toothbrush. If you end up choosing a brush with bristles that are too hard or a brush head that is improperly angled, you could damage your mouth or fail to achieve a total clean for each use. Always make sure each toothbrush you use has the potential to reach all areas of your mouth easily and effectively.
Don’t let bad oral hygiene strike due to a bad toothbrush. Follow these helpful tips:
– If you share a living space with other people, to avoid contamination, always keep toothbrushes separate and never share with one another.
– Replace your toothbrush every few months or earlier if you feel the need.
– Make sure that your toothbrush is a good size, fits easily in your mouth, has soft bristles to avoid damaging your gums or stripping away your tooth enamel, and is capable of reaching and cleaning all areas in your mouth.
– Always keep your toothbrushes free of closed spaces, as they can harbor mold and other types of bacteria.
– After using your toothbrush, clean it off and store it in a safe place.
For additional help with your progress, schedule oral exams and bi-annual professional cleanings at the dentist office of Lonnie A. Anderson, DDS in Juneau, Alaska. If you would like to schedule a visit with Dr. Lonnie Anderson, please call our office at 907-789-2066. Keep your toothbrush healthy and clean so it can keep your teeth healthy and clean too.