Are you staining your teeth every day? Did you know foods and drinks we consume can darken our brightest smiles over time? Yes, it’s true! Our tooth enamel is subject to stains from outside sources like foods and drinks we consume each and every day.
Our dentist, Dr. Lonnie Anderson, understands the importance of a white smile. That is why our team at Lonnie A. Anderson, DDS in Juneau, , is happy to share with you some basic treats that could be staining your teeth.
Here is a list of foods that can stain your teeth:
– Wine: Both red and white wine can stain your teeth. White wine is high in acidities that stain your teeth more than the penetrating color of red wine can.
– Coffee: The dark and thick substance of coffee can darken your teeth over time.
– Curry: A favorite spice among many dishes called curry can yellow your teeth because of it’s pigment and sticky substance.
– Tomatoes: Tomatoes are high in acids that penetrate your tooth enamel and can cause staining.
– Berries: Berries are incredibly healthy in many ways, yet many are dark in color and cling to your teeth causing them to stain.
– Sodas and sports drinks: These drinks are extremely high in bacteria and acids that are known to damage your teeth, including sugar-free ones.
As you can see, everyday treats we eat can darken our smile making it essential to keep our teeth clean each day. If you have questions about your oral health or would like a teeth-whitening treatment, please call us today at 907-789-2066 to make an appointment.